Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Paleo Breakfast Stack



I am not even kidding when I say that the first time I made this Paleo Breakfast Stack I wanted to lick my plate. I seriously considered doing it.

I call it a breakfast stack but it doesn't have to be. To be completely honest, I called it a Paleo Breakfast Stack because I figured "Paleo Breakfast" would SEO better than "Portobello Breakfast" or "Open Face Egg Sandwich". The recipe was originally something I made for dinner one night when my planned dinner was going to take a few hours longer than I anticipated.  I stared into my fridge debating what to do. It was full of options but nothing really sounded good.

Oh happy accident! I hope you like it as much as I do!

Ingredients:

  • 1 roasted portobello mushroom (see Portobello Mushroom Buns)
  • 2 slices prosciutto 
  • 1 thick slice tomato
  • 1 fried egg
  • 3 basil leaves, torn
  • 1 dollop paleo mayonnaise 
  • 1 TBS oil, I prefer avocado
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. If your mushroom cap is cold warm it in your oven. I guess you could use your microwave, but I'm anti-microwave. It doesn't have to be hot, just a little warmed up. 
  2. Prepare all your ingredients as your mushroom warms. 
  3. Heat your pan on the stove, add your oil and fry your egg. I like to sprinkle salt and pepper on my egg while it is cooking.
  4. Plate your mushroom stacking all the ingredients on top of each other and plop a big dollop of paleo mayonnaise on top.
  5. Eat up. If you want to lick your plate, you can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment