Thursday, July 17, 2014

Coco-Nutty Grain Free Porridge - Practical Paleo

Paleo Grain Free Porridge
Looks delicious doesn't it? My most recent paleo cookbook purchase was Practical Paleo by Diane Sangilippo. I love that the first half of the book is a guide to shopping, eating out and understanding the relationship between food and our health. It's super informative and laid out really well!

I wasn't a huge fan of the Coco-Nutty Porridge. Admittedly, I have never liked "porridge" so it might just be me. It was filling though, and for me sometimes that's enough. Not enough to make it again though.

I opted to use the full fat coconut milk over the water option in the recipe but ended up needing to add water as well to get a good consistence.

If you are a fan of porridge, this might be a great alternative to your morning oatmeal. Personally I'm going to stick with my Berry Yummy Breakfast (recipe to come).

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for linking to us over at the [unrefined] sweet life. such a bummer that you didn't love the coco-nutty porridge. it's definitely an acquired taste & texture. x - ali

    ReplyDelete