Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Traveling Paleo

Carrot Juice with Lemon and Lime - Flora Farm
The timing for my transition to paleo wasn't exactly ideal. One week after I started my journey down the nutrient dense path, I was at my cousin's wedding in San Diego for 2 days. No drinks, no dessert and I put up with the "special" meal they provided me. Why does gluten free often translate to a plate of steamed vegetables? Luckily there was a Trader Joe's near the hotel. I pretty much lived on olives and cashews. 

A week after that I was on vacation in Mexico, land of rice, beans and corn tortillas. I was actually amazed at the number of amazing restaurants we found in Baja. Farm to Table has found Los Cabos. We had some amazing meals at Flora Farm outside of San Jose del Cabo. Rancho Pescadero  just south of Todos Santos was great too. 

My husband rolls his eyes but, every restaurant I've eaten at over the last month, here and abroad, has been happy to accommodate my dietary choices by replacing carbs with extra veggies. Dropping the carbs, sugar and dairy has been A LOT easier than I thought it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment