Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi 
I'm on the hunt for carb dense paleo recipes. I've been strictly paleo for just over a month now and I've lost about 10 pounds. Five pounds would have put me at my goal weight. 10 is almost too much. My husband is convinced I'm on some crazy diet to lose weight.

I'm still learning how to keep myself nourished. It is harder when you can't just grab something out of the cupboard. I've skipped a few meals over the last month because there was nothing "acceptable" for me to eat. I've assured my husband that I will figure this out and that starting to eat cheese and desserts again is not the only solution.

I made a big batch of carb dense sweet potato gnocchi on Sunday. It was VERY time consuming, but the results were super yummy! I had enough to take leftovers for lunch yesterday, I added some to my breakfast this morning and I still have some left over for tomorrow. The gnocchi reheats well in the microwave and in the oven.

My husband loved the gnocchi, the kids are on the fence. It's a little too different for them to like but I think it will grow on them.

The recipe for Paleo Grubs "Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi" is easy to follow. I used the measurements listed in the recipe and they worked great for me. I did leave my batter in the refrigerator for about 5 hours before I cooked it and I peeled my potatoes before cooking them wrapped in tin foil. Rolling out the ropes, boiling and frying the gnocchi is a lot of work and it's super messy! My kitchen looked like a grease bomb had exploded.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time in the kitchen from preparation to cooking to cleaning up. Don't forget to wear an apron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment